The Director of Surgical Services is responsible for supporting the Mission and Vision of Crittenton Hospital Medical Center (CHMC) within the framework of the objectives and policies established by the Chief Nursing Officer. The Director of Surgical Services works collaboratively with cross functional leaders and the medical staff to develop, implement, and monitor quality indicators that ensure regulatory compliance and an optimal surgical experience for both patient and provider. The holder of this position is responsible for patient care, resource, and fiscal management of the assigned areas on a 24/7 basis.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Essential functions are marked with an asterisk)
* 1. Oversees all activities of the Perioperative area, including, but not limited to: pre-op, post-op, surgical boarding, endoscopy, and outpatient surgery/clinic.
* 2. Cooperates with management staff to coordinate all clinical and operational components of the Service Line to meet clinical and operational goals as established by and for the Service Line. Such goals include:
Budgetary performance requirements
Patient satisfaction goals
Physician satisfaction goals
Employee satisfaction goals
Clinical quality goals
Programmatic growth goals
* 3. Collaborates with the Chief Nursing Officer to develop a Service Line structure that drives organizational accountability and creates Service Line effectiveness and cost efficiency while meeting the needs of the customer.
* 4. Develops annual capital and operational budgets and develops strategies to monitor their implementation and compliance.
* 5. Oversees staffing levels, staff schedules, employment interviews, hiring, terminations, disciplining and corrective actions, coaching and development, and performance evaluations of all members of the Service Line. Analyzes work situations, identifies problems, evaluates alternatives and takes appropriate actions in problem and decision-making.
* 6. Establishes and manages a departmental safety/disaster program, updates as required by regulatory agencies, and assures staff follow established plan.
Assists staff with the development of a cohesive, service-oriented team, serving as a role model, mentor, and coach/facilitator.
Participates in special projects and hospital committees as assigned.
Maintains all necessary records to meet Joint Commission standards, federal, state, and local laws and codes, reimbursement requirements and medical-legal liability issues.
Collaborates with the Nurse Managers, Educators, and Coordinators to plan, direct, implement, and evaluate the educational needs and proficiencies of unit staff. Maintains clinical expertise through participation in ongoing education and personal development.
Promotes a positive image of the hospital through leadership and communication skills, always maintaining a professional image. Fosters communication and coordination among individuals and departments.
This position involves direct access to protected health information for all purposes related to management and control of CHMC's medical records and other business operations. The Director is responsible for supervision of employees who require various levels of access to personal health information and the medical record. A strong understanding of HIPAA privacy rules and the internal policies and procedures of CHMC related thereto is required. The Director demonstrates and appreciation for patient privacy and confidentiality and enforces strict compliance with applicable policies and procedures. The Director is responsible for ensuring that employee access to and disclosures of personal health information is limited to that which is reasonably necessary. Disclosure and/or use of personal health information for any purpose other than as reasonably necessary for designated job responsibilities is prohibited.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Current and valid RN or CRNA licensure in the State of Michigan
BSN degree and a Master's Degree (MSN, MBA or other) required
Employment Type: Permanent
Work Hours: Full Time
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on DoctorsHangout.com