We are currently recruiting for the following Registered Nurse opening:
Nursing Supervisor, Cardiac Step-Down - Bedford, Texas
ALL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE: 3 - 5 years minimum Cardiac Step Down experience is preferred. Active, unencumbered Texas or Compact State RN license.
12 hour nights, 36 hours per week with occasional weekends required
Bachelor's Degree or Associates Degree in Nursing required
Must possess U.S. experience; recent specialty experience within 1 year.
Active American Heart Association BLS, ACLS card
- Strong leadership background and experience required
- Leadership experience as a Charge RN
- Experience with fast paced environment
- Administrative duties to include scheduling and evaluations
- Assist with audits, time and attendance, coachings, attend some meetings, evaluations
- Facilitates patient nurse assignments and provides coordination of patient care on nursing unit
- Serves as a role model/mentor for Registered Nurses in the areas of professional development,
professional practice, and continuing education.
- Coordinates the scheduling of staff for unit or designated shift.
- Provides continuous constructive feedback and annual performance evaluations to staff.
- Participates in coaching and counseling, Progressive Disciplinary action process with Nurse
Manager/Director and staff.
- Assists in providing staff meetings with Nurse Manager and facilitates during meetings as appropriate.
- Identifies ineffective, inefficient or costly processes and takes action to improve those processes.
- Participates in monitoring the budget as directed by Nurse Manager/Director.
- Assists Nurse Manager/Director with recruiting and interviewing potential staff.
- Supports retention strategies and objectives.
- Promotes Promise behaviors.
- Assists Nurse Manager with creating Employee Development Plan.
- Seeks opportunities for self-development in leadership.
- Manages bed control for unit in collaboration with Administrative Supervisor.
- Integrates team building strategies and principles of group process in interactions with staff.
- Contributes to creating and maintaining a collaborative work environment.
- Completes daily assignments addressing patient acuity levels, staffing standards and scope, function
and competence level of staff members.
- Participates in evaluations and completes them in a timely manner.
- Contributes to employee development plan identifying and addressing areas of needed growth.
- Recognizes staff for and encourages them to seek professional development opportunities as needed,
including CAP and Certification
- Complies with hospital policies and the Nurse Practice Act
Base Salary - Up to $100K
Benefits - Available
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - Yes
To inquire, please forward resume or contact:
Mr. Sandy Watkins
Watkins Staffing, LLC
Employment Type: Permanent
Work Hours: Full Time
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on DoctorsHangout.com